In recent weeks, the Coronavirus has dominated the international headlines. At present, there are many cases of infection reported in several parts of Europe, including Ireland. Our company is strictly following the recommendations of the health authorities and is closely monitoring the development of the situation in order to adapt our procedures immediately. At this stage, there are no specific recommendations for the population apart from the measures that are also in place for seasonal influenza (such as coughing in the elbows, adherence to hand hygiene, use of disposable wipes, etc.). Please be assured that the safety and health of our guests, employees and partners is our highest priority. In the current situation, a boating holiday on the Shannon or Erne is probably one of the safest ways to travel: you are out on the river away from big cities, you can take care of yourself on a fully equipped boat and you may be able to drive in your own car and are therefore generally not exposed to any risks – at least not greater than in your living room at home.
What do Manor House marine do to prevent infection of guests?
We thoroughly clean and disinfect our cruisers and cottages – as always. In order to enjoy your boating holiday to the fullest and to avoid a potential infection, the World Health Organization recommends the following behaviour:
- Take disinfectants with you (wipes and/or sprays for public areas, gel for the hands)
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly
- Regular disinfection of the hands
- Avoid handshakes
- Observe sneezing and coughing hygiene
How does Manor House Marine protect its employees?
So far we are not aware of any cases of illness or suspected cases. We closely follow the recommendations of the health authorities and the development of the situation in order to adapt our procedures if necessary. We strictly adhere to sanitary standards that comply with the applicable regulations. The cleaning procedures applied are regularly reviewed. The usual hygiene measures (washing hands, surface cleaning) are effective. Preventive measures, which also exist in the case of seasonal flu (such as coughing in the elbows, adherence to hand hygiene, use of disposable cloths, etc.) are advised. As far as travel is concerned, all employees have been asked to make only those trips that are absolutely necessary. Rest assured that the safety and health of our customers, employees and partners is our highest priority.
What happens if an infection with the Coronavirus is suspected at Manor House Marine?
We have established procedures and reporting channels for what to do if certain infectious diseases occur.
If a case of Coronavirus is detected, a special cleaning programme is immediately implemented in accordance with the recommendations of the health authorities. As far as accommodation is concerned, the offices, shops, boats and cottages will be completely disinfected and we will follow the guidelines of the health authorities.
I am afraid of the Coronavirus and I am hesitant to go on the holiday I booked. Can I cancel free of charge?
No. As long as there is no risk of contamination, fear alone is not a reason for free cancellation.
If I am from a district in a “red zone” and the government imposes limited mobility, can I get a free cancellation of my booking?
Manor House Marine offers free rebooking for all justified reasons that apply when a customer is excluded from travel due to a government decision related to the Coronavirus.
- Existing bookings with cancellation scheme added – You can cancel your booking up to 10 days (for cruiser bookings) or 48hrs (Cottage bookings) before your arrival.
- No cancellation policy taken out at the time of booking – Prior to 3 weeks of the arrival date guests can change the date of their existing booking to any future date within a 12 month period of the original start date subject to availability and subject to any additional hire charge. For cancellations within 1 – 3 weeks of the arrival date the company will charge 80% of the hire fee. For cancellations within 1 week or in the event of non-arrival the company will charge 100% of the hire fee.
- For New Bookings: – We will continue to offer the option of a full cancellation policy whereby clients can cancel their reservation up to 10 days (cruiser bookings) or 48hrs (cottage bookings) prior to their arrival. The cancellation option MUST be selected at the time of booking to avail of this option.
Where can I get more information on my questions regarding the Coronavirus in connection with Manor House Marine?
If you have any questions regarding rebooking, please contact: +44 (0)28 6862 8100 or email email@example.com
Book 10/11 nights on a cruiser and only pay for 7!!
Offer available for holidays before 5th May 2023 or after 2nd September
Valid in the following periods:
Up to and including 5th May (finishing date)
Any date after 2nd September (starting date)