Please see below for a list of frequently asked questions regarding our cottages.
Do you offer a transfer service?
Yes! We offer transfers from any of the airports in Ireland. You can book a standard transfer or a private transfer. A standard transfer will be a communal transfer with other holiday makers throughout the Erne and the Shannon region and a private transfer will be your very own transport direct to your cottage. You can book your transfers at the time of booking or at a later stage. Prices are listed below. Please note we will need your flight numbers, arrival and departure times.
Transfers costs per person and approx journey times
|Belfast (International or City)||Dublin||Knock|
|Travelling Time||1hr 45min||2hrs 30min||2hrs|
|Private Single (max 10)||£215||£215||£200|
|Private Single (max 16)||£340||£340||£320|
Belfast and Knock group transfers Saturday only
All transfers after 19.00 will be charges at private rates
All Sunday and Bank Holiday transfers are private rates only
All Monday, Tuesday,Thursday and Friday transfers have a minimum combined charge of £135 per single journey.
What airlines fly to Ireland?
There are lots of low cost airlines flying in to Belfast International, George Best Belfast City Airport, Knock Airport and Dublin Airport. The routes change regularly but below are a list of airlines that you may find useful.
Are towels and bed linen required?
Yes! You can have your groceries in your cottage for your arrival. Complete the grocery order form and send it to us at least 7 days before your arrival date.
All bed linen is included; duvets, pillows, blankets, hand towels and bath towels (one per person).
Is kitchen equipment supplied?
Kitchens are fully equipped including refrigerator (with small freezer), cooker with oven, grill and a microwave. Cutlery, crockery, pans and kitchen utensils etc are all provided.
Are there shops onsite?
Our reception has giftware, fishing equipment and soft drinks for sale. The Manor House Hotel offers their Belleek Restaurant or bar snacks are available in their Cellar Bar. The closest grocery shop is approximately 3 miles away. Irvinestown is about 4 miles and Enniskillen is about 6 miles.
What television channels are available?
There is a flat screen television with standard digital Freeview channels. There is also a DVD player in each cottage.
What is included in the price and are there any extra charges?
All heating and electric costs are included in the price. Bed linen and towels are also included. There is small charge for the rental of the equipment for the tennis and pitch & putt but the use of these are free. There is a charge for the golf course, day boat hire and for the use of the leisure complex.
Do you sell fishing gear and licences/permits?
We have fishing rods for hire (rod, reel and line) and we have equipment for sale in our reception. We do not sell live bait but you can purchase this in Enniskillen. Coarse and Game fishing licences/permits can be purchased on line before your arrival at NI Direct or can be purchased in reception on arrival. The waterway is full of Trout, Pike, Perch, Roach, Bream and Eels. There is also a program in place of restoring Lough Erne’s Salmon population.
Are pets permitted?
We do allow pets (within reason) in our cottages however they are not allowed on any of the seating and all hairs etc must be cleaned prior to departure. A refundable deposit of £100 per dog is payable on arrival.
What if I need to Cancel?
If you are compelled to cancel a booking, notify us immediately in writing and return the booking confirmation. The deposit is then forfeited. If cancellation is received four weeks or less before the hire starting date, the Hirer is responsible for the whole balance of hire money as stated above if the property is not re-let.
Terms & Conditions
1. The booking deposit of £100 must be paid to us by the hirer at the time of booking this is non-refundable and non-transferable.
2. On payment of the deposit thehirer becomes responsible for the whole hire fee and the balance must be paid on or before the day of arrival, unless stated otherwise. Should the Hirer find that they are unable to take over the cottsge, they must notify the company immediatley and every effort will be made to re-let the Cottage. If successful the Company will refund the deposit less a re-booking charge of 15% of the Hire fee. If the Company is unable to re-let, the Hirer remains responsible for the balance. (Not applicable if the Hirer has subscibed to a cancellation scheme through Booking Protect).
3. The Hirer is responsible for the property, all equipment during the period of hire, for the clean condition of all utensils at the end of the hire, and for taking all reasonable care of the property and its equipment. The Company reserves the right to cancel or reject any booking at their discretion.
4. The booking is made on the undertaking that the property is to be placed at the disposal of the hirer on the date in question unless the Owner is prevented from so doing by circumstances not under the control of the Owner, in which case the deposit shall be returned to the Hirer in full, but the Hirer shall have no claim on any account against the Owner.
5. Advance booking for extras such as cots, day launches, etc., are subject to final availability on the date required.
6. Late arrivals: If there is any chance that you may not arrive until after 5pm please let the office know so that arrangements can be made for you to collect your key.
7. Occupation: The correct time to take up occupation is 4.00pm and the property must be given up by 10.00am on the day of departure.
8. The properties are fully equipped. Towels are provided based on 4 persons per cottage. Any losses or breakages must be paid for and the Hirers are advised to check the inventory on arrival and to report any missing or damaged articles without delay.
9. Minors: Hirers under 18 years of age must state that they are minors and send the written consent of a parent or guardian when booking. The parent or guardian in giving written consent must confirm acceptance of obligations under the Booking Conditions and responsibility for the hire money (see Booking Form). Only the person booking need do this, not the whole party.
10. Number of persons: The maximum number of persons allowed in each property is shown on the individual descriptions. Additional persons, except babies in cots, where applicable, may not be accommodated without prior written permission of the Owner. The Owners reserve the right to terminate the hire without notice and without refund in the case of breach of this condition.
11. Non-arrival: In the event of non-arrival and where no notice of late arrival has been received, the owner or representative reserve the right to re-let the property from midday on the day following the scheduled commencement of hire.
12. Literature: Every care has been taken to ensure that all literature and information provided is correct but the Company cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies or that of any travel agent. Minor variations exist in cottages of the same type and class. The company reserves the right to change the layout of the cottages and equipment without notice. Plans and maps are not necessarily to scale.
13. Pets: Prior permission must be obtained before pets are allowed to stay in cottages. There is a refundable deposit of £100 due on arrival.
Below are some useful links that will help you plan you holiday. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any help or additional information.
Fishing on the Erne
Manor House Marine (Killadeas) – www.manormarine.com
Lough Erne Golf Resort (Enniskillen) – www.lougherneresort.com
Castlehume (Enniskillen) – www.castlehumegolf.com
Enniskillen Golf Course (Enniskillen) – www.enniskillengolfclub.com
Bundoran Golf Club (Bundoran) – www.bundorangolfclub.com
Slieve Russell (Ballyconnell) – www.slieverussell.ie
Donegal Golf Club (Donegal) – www.donegalgolfclub.ie
Local interests and activities
|Castlecoole||A Magnificent 18th century mansion and landscaped park|| www.nationaltrust.org.uk
|Crom Estate||Crom’s ancient woodland and islands are home to many rare species||www.nationaltrust.org.uk
|Florencecourt||Beautiful 18th century irish house with lovely gardens and play areas||www.nationaltrust.org.uk
|Coles Monument||Is built in the memory of Sir G Lowry Cole C.G.B||www.discovernorthernireland.com
|Devenish Island||There are ruins from different time periods, the earliest being 12th century||www.fermanaghlakelands.com
|White Island||12th century church ruins and archaic stone figures|| www.fermanaghlakelands.com
|Belleek Pottery||Home to the world famous Belleek fine Parian China and visitor centre|| www.belleek.ie
|Enniskillen Castle Museum||Built almost 600 years ago the site houses 2 museums|| www.enniskillencastle.co.uk
|Marble Arch Caves||Explore a natural underworld of rivers, winding passages and waterfalls|| www.marblearchcavesgeopark.com
|Railway Museum||A working barbar shop and also a first class railway museum|| www.headhuntersmuseum.com
|Sheelin Irish Lace||The best place to see the finest examples of antique Irish Lace|| www.antiqueirishlace.co.uk
|Ulster American Folk Park||An outdoor museum which tells the story of Irish emigration|| www.nmni.com
|Monea Castle||An abandoned castle built in 1618||www.discovernorthernireland.com
|Tully Castle||A fortified house built in 1641 with recreated 17th century style garden||www.discovernorthernireland.com
|Lough Navar Forest Park||Forest with viewpoints over Fermanagh||www.nidirect.gov.uk
|Castle Archdale Park||Nature trails, lough side and woodland walks, cycle trails|| www.discorvernorthernireland.com
|Tickety Moo Ice-Cream||Try out super ice cream handmade from their jersey cows||www.ticketymoo.com
|Lakeland Forum||Large sports and leisure complex in Enniskillen||www.lakelandforum.com
|Castle Island Activity Centre||Children’s indoor activity centre|| www.castleisland.co.uk
|Kingfisher Cycle Trail||230 mile scenic cycle trail through county roads||www.kingfishercycletrail.com
|Corralea Activity Centre||Wide range of activities for thrill seekers of any age|| www.activityireland.com
|Unique Helicopter||Enjoy the thrill of flying a helicopter with a “flight experience”|| www.uniquehelicopters.com
|Ultimate Watersports||Set in Castle Archdale Marina with a range of activities and courses.|| www.ultimatewatersports.co.uk
|Clinton Centre||Has a cafe, internet facillities and an Art Gallery|| www.clintoncentre.com
|Ardhowen Theatre||Theatre with panoramic lake views and restaurant||www.ardhowentheatre.com
10% discount on all Cruiser booked before 31st January 2017.
(not including the Noble Duchess or Noble Emperor)