Please see below for a list of frequently asked questions regarding our day boat hire.
When are the boats available?
Boats are available 7 days a week from March until October. Sorry but the boats are not available during the winter months.
Do you need any experience or is a licence required?
You need no experience or licence to drive any of our boats. We give a full demonstration on your arrival and answer any questions you may have. You will be shown all the workings of the boat followed by a detailed explanation of the navigation charts.
Where can you moor the boat?
There are lots and lots of moorings on islands and on the mainland throughout the waterway. You can also visit Enniskillen, Kesh, Belleek and Bellanaleck.
Is there a charge to moor your boat?
There is no charge for mooring your boat at any of the public moorings.
Is there a toilet or kitchen onboard?
Sorry there is no toilet or kitchen onboard but there are toilets and shops at many of the moorings on the waterway.
What should I bring?
We recommend that you bring warm and waterproof clothing and perhaps a picnic. The weather can turn very quickly so be prepared. It is highly recommended that you wear flat rubber soled shoes.
Is equipment supplied?
Buoyancy aids, fuel, tuition charts etc are all included in the price.
Are the boats insured?
All our craft are insured. We require a refundable breakage deposit of £50 before you go on-board and you may lose this if you are late back!
Do you sell fishing gear and licences/permits?
We have fishing rods for hire (rod, reel and line) and we have equipment for sale in our reception. We do not sell live bait but you can purchase this in Enniskillen. We have Coarse and Game fishing licences/permits for sale in reception and you can buy these on arrival. The waterway is full of Trout, Pike, Perch, Roach, Bream and Eels. There is also a program in place of restoring Lough Erne’s Salmon population
Are pets allowed on the day boats?
Yes we allow pets onboard the day boats at your own risk and responsibility.
Below are some useful links that will help you plan your trip on our day boats. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any help or additional information.
Cottages @ www.manormarine.com
Fishing on the Erne
CONDITIONS OF HIRE FOR DAY CRUISERS
- A day cruiser is not considered booked until 100% of the total hire fee has reached the offices of the Hiring Company, this payment is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- On arrival at the Hire Base the Hirer must pay £100 refundable breakage deposit. The Hirer should check the inventory of the craft. You will then be given an explanation of the running of the day cruiser. Lifejackets are supplied free of charge. Your tuition period for hand over of the craft is inclusive of the time allocation of your hire. If you have any concerns or issues with the hand over procedure or the craft you should highlight this to the office prior to your departure.
- Day cruisers must be returned in a clean and tidy condition to the Hire Base not later than 6.00pm (or agreed time) on the day of hire. After checking in and the day cruiser and equipment is found to be clean and undamaged, the £100 deposit will be refunded. If return is after 6.00pm (or agreed time) then a further charge will be required and the deposit will be forfeited.
- Extreme care is used to ensure that the craft is in good order when handed over. However, the Hiring Company cannot be held responsible for any delay in a Hirer’s programme due to breakdown or the completion of necessary repairs. Should service or repairs become necessary during the cruise, the Hirer must notify the Hire Company as soon as possible, when service will be carried out at no cost to the Hirer, unless this has been occasioned by the Hirer’s negligence.
- The Hirer is responsible for the safe navigation of the craft on charter. In the event of an accident the Hirer must inform the Hiring Company immediately with full particulars and names and addresses of any witnesses. .
- The Hiring Company cannot be held responsible for any delay in the Hirer’s programme due to navigational works, etc., outside the control of the Company.
- If, owing to circumstances beyond the control of the Company, the day cruiser booked is not available, every effort will be made to supply a similar craft. Should this not be possible, the deposit will be refunded in full, but the Hirer shall have no other claims against the Company.
- CRUISING RESTRICTIONS. Normally, the whole of the Erne Waterway is open to Hirers, but the Hiring Company reserves the right to restrict any part of the Waterway to Hirers should abnormally low water or abnormal weather conditions render this necessary. The Company also reserves the right to refuse to hand over a craft to any Hirer not considered suitable to take charge.
- No craft may undertake towing without prior permission.
- HIRER’S PROPERTY. The Company accepts no liability for loss of or damage to the Hirer’s property, baggage, motor cars, etc. Hirer’s cars are only driven or parked on the Hirer’s orders and insurance cover is assumed to have been provided by the Hirer. .
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to see that the day cruiser is not damaged by inclement weather. The Company cannot be held responsible for any loss of or damage to the boat, its equipment, or its passengers in the event of bad weather.
- Passengers, other than those leaving the Base, must not be carried on our craft at any time without prior permission of the Company.
- Any breach of the above conditions will result in the forfeiture of the Hirer’s deposit plus other expenses incurred by the Company.
Book 10/11 nights on a cruiser and only pay for 7!!
Offer available for holidays before 7th May 2022 or after 3rd September